Bookings Agent Internship - German Speaker
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real-life pains and we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners, and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally-minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust, and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Operations Team
Every day, more than 5000 nights are booked by students from 175 nationalities in 33 different cities on uniplaces.com. Our Operations team that embraces 14 nationalities and works across 6 different languages, ensures that every interaction with customers is focused on improving the student and landlord experience, so that room search becomes as easy as buying a flight ticket.
In this role, your mission is:
- Deal with requests and inquiries from students from all over the world that are going to study in another country and supporting them in finding their new home;
- Support students through their Booking experience, by helping and inspiring them to find in Uniplaces the perfect place for them on our site;
- Be part of a commercial and service-oriented team, both responding to inbound calls and performing outbound - check details for students and check availability with landlords;
- Liaise with other teams to come up with solutions, identify and escalate priority issues, in order to avoid customer and operational impact;
- Find properties for students who had their original booking canceled;
- Be supportive and helpful to students around the world, prepare them for the best time of their life.
- Understand seasonal trends and work within them to ensure maximum occupancy;
- Daily reports on your activity and be accountable for your contribution to the team’s effort.
Your track record:
- Fluent in German + English (Portuguese/Spanish/Italian as extra languages are considered a plus!)
- We don’t expect a specific background or set of experiences, as long as you’re a top performer in every task and job you enroll!
- Strong organization and execution skills - multi-tasking is your first nature;
- Drive for high performance and smashing targets - You keep pushing, trying new approaches, and never give up;
- Great communication skills - usually you introduce everyone around and make sure everyone is at ease. You get comfortable in communication face to face, over the phone, or in writing;
- You're patient and you never lose your temper, even under pressure;
- Open-minded and tolerant working with peers and customers from different nationalities and backgrounds.
This is why you’ll love this job:
- We’ll give you intensive training coupled with increasing business exposure and insights from our most senior employees, making you exponentially grow;
- Meeting people from all around the world daily, really feeling you’re impacting students in one of the most crucial steps in their life;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world-class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
- Working in Lisbon, one of the coolest up-and-coming startup hubs in Europe, where the sun always shines and the seafood is delicious.
What else do you need to know?
- This is an internship role based in Lisbon;
- You will report to your Team Lead;
- You will start on a 3 or 6-month Internship contract;
- You must be available to work 40 hours a week.
Does it sound like "the job" you're looking for? Great! Apply below then and let us know why you are fit to work at Uniplaces :)