Senior Software Developer | Remote Opportunity
Uniplaces is building a trusted, global brand for students. We believe in empowering student mobility, and we have started by making the process of finding accommodation easier. We’re solving real-life pains, and we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Atomico, Octopus Investments, Shilling Capital Partners, and Caixa Capital to help us achieve this better and faster.
We are an internationally-minded company with an extremely talented team and global ambitions. Our decisions are driven by our core values of Passion, Impact, Trust, and Team Spirit - with which we aim at having a company where everyone feels accountable and empowered to achieve their full potential.
About the Product Team:
We’re a technology-based startup, and we depend on our online platform to provide the best possible service to students and landlords. This is where the product team comes in and why it is core to Uniplaces. The team has engineers, product designers, and product managers, and we all work together to achieve our ambitious goals. Our decisions are taken with everyone's input - whether you’re playing with code, data, scripts, or infrastructure, you’ll collaborate with the wider team.
About the position:
We believe that engineers should have as much autonomy as possible, but also have the support of the team to build an amazing product. As an engineer at Uniplaces, we expect that you work in all of our projects: backend, frontend, infrastructure., Working closely with other engineers, product designer, and product manager to connect all the dots and bring a feature to live: from the conception to the deployment, fun!
Why you'll love this job:
- Design technical solutions and bring your own ideas on the development of our projects;
- Work in different projects with different technologies, but always with high quality and scalability (NodeJS, PHP, Golang, Terraform, React, NextJS);
- Develop new features and solve issues on backend and frontend projects;
- Test the applications with unitary, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Fast learner and eager to learn;
- A degree in computer science or similar and, at least, 3 or 4 years of experience in Web development;
- Capable of keeping a conversation in English;
- Wants to work in a startup environment with accelerated pace;
Nice to have:
- Either PHP or NodeJS knowledge
- Frontend development with frameworks such as React, VueJS, or Ember
- Git superpowers
- Github account with code to look at
- Previous startup environment experience
What do we offer?
- Startup experience in our fast-growing, venture-backed company;
- Quick progression & exposure to all areas of the business;
- The competitive compensation package, negotiable, based on experience;
- A chance to have fun while working!
- Meeting people from all around the world on a daily basis, really feeling you’re impacting students in one of the most crucial steps in their life;
- A company culture that is people-driven and that focuses on personal development and training to help you tap your talent into its full extent;
- Access to a pool of talent that is hard to find. Your stakeholders and peers will come from world-class backgrounds and will have stepped up within Uniplaces. You’ll find mentors and role models;
What else do you need to know?
- Work from anywhere. If you are in Portugal you can work from the office once a week;
- Available to start soon;
- Required availability of 40 hours a week
Does it sound like the job for you?
Please apply below and let us know why you believe you're the perfect fit for the role :)